The Bridge Summer Youth Program has been impacting young lives since 2010!
Your contributions help make it possible again in 2017.
Here's what our Summer Youth Program* includes - and what your donation directly covers:
*Each day for 10 weeks, our Summer Team of AmeriCorps workers and volunteers engage youth of all ages. They organize enriching activities, visit the library, work together in The Bridge Training Garden, teach about selling produce during Farmer's Market each week, read lots of books together, and build positive relationships with these young people. They work to build supportive communities through Neighborhood Nights and interaction with parents and neighborhoods. Practically, they ensure the youth are transported to the free lunch program each day and that healthy snacks are provided daily through the BridgeKIDS program and/or at the Neighborhood Centers.
- A team of full-time AmeriCorps workers with the purpose of "reducing summer learning loss" for area youth.
- Supplies for all summer camps - includes Masterpieces (5th-6th grade girls), Mosaic (7th-8th grade girls) and trips middle school boys, girls, and high schoolers.
- Activity and food supplies for Neighborhood Centers and BridgeKIDS (elementary students) program at The Bridge
- Transportation costs for The Bridge bus and 2 vans which will make possible 3 Summer Camps, BridgeKIDS activities, Neighborhood Center events, local VBS partnerships, weekly Bible studies, daily lunch program, Summer Team activities
- Food and supplies for Neighborhood Nights - cook-outs throughout Storm Lake in which neighborhoods can come together and build a stronger sense of community
The Summer Youth Program helps youth build valuable life skills and meet educational goals. The youth gain confidence and work ethic and new friendships. And, along the way, they come to understand more fully that they are loved by God through the positive role models and adults at The Bridge. That's our goal.
The funds raised from this race will make this summer another life-changing one for youth and our Summer Team at The Bridge. Will you help make it possible?
Would you like to learn more about The Bridge and our Summer Youth Program? Click the link below and check out our website.